Friday, February 7, 2014

It's COLD out.

We had a record snow fall this week which made running outside a little challenging.  Snowbanks on either side of the road and sidewalks were way over my head.  For the last couple months, I had been running with Brooks Cascadias.  They are an awesome trail running shoe that got me through snow and slush..however, I found them a little stiff and heavy.  Last week, picked up a pair of Ghost 6.  AWESOME SHOES!!!  Love them.  Ran in them all week and NO PAIN!  Joints are fine, feet are fine. 

Today temps were -23 with the windchill.  Decided to meet the group for a morning run.  Today's group included the Minister, Doctor, Dentist, Kid, Polish Prince and the Coach.  Easy run scheduled.  As the run went on, it got tough.  It was windy, cold, and roads were still snow covered.  As time went on, my watch was moving pass the hour mark and into the 75-80 min zone.  Thoughts going through my mind were - "crap!  We're going slow!  How much farther?" and more importantly..."Can't feel my face.  I hope I don't get frostbite".  Eventually made it back to the car.  Coach clapped me on the back and said "WELL DONE, PRINCESS!".  To which I replied. "What the hell!  How far was that?!?"  15.8kms. 
EASY RUN!

Tomorrow, meeting the Taxi driver for a long run.

P.S.  Lost the Dentist around the 12k mark and felt bad for rushing to the car at the end without waiting for the Dentist.  Anyways, later this evening, I messaged the Dentist to apologize only to find out later that he had stopped and called a CAB.  Talk about bailing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment