Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Winter Running

The last week of training has been challenging.  My times have been slower than usual.  The effort has been more than usual.  The arctic blast and wind chill have been punishing.  My long run this weekend was difficult.  My plan called for 90 mins.  Decided to run north which is usually a gradual incline, which isn't so bad..however, sidewalks and roads were a mess.  Drivers were not courteous and the sidewalks were ice covered and treacherous.  At one point, while crossing an intersection with the light, an impatient driver attempting a left turn, leaned on his horn while I was crossing the street.  By this point I was fed up.  Stopped on the cross walk, smiled, waved and waited the 27 seconds I had left on the walk sign before continuing my long run. 

My winter gear I don't think is meant for anything colder than -25C. I am waiting for this cold weather to end.  Tomorrow morning's temperature is predicted to be a balmy -19 with the wind.  Which is great.  Instead of 3 pairs of gloves, I will wear only 2, but I will still double my socks.
 

Up coming races planned include but not all confirmed.
Good Friday 5k
Mississauga Half Marathon
Moon in June 10k
Dundas Cactus 10k
Hamilton Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment